- Finely chopped onion – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 small cloves (minced)
- Ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeds removed, and chopped) – 3
- Chile peppers (hot or mild, chopped) – 2
- Chopped cilantro – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Lime juice – 1.5 to 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper – to taste
Steps to prepare
Take together all the ingredients.
Take chopped onion and garlic in a strainer. Pour 2 cups of boiling water over them and then let drain thoroughly. Discard the water and allow the chopped onion and garlic to cool.
Add chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, and lime juice to the chopped onion and garlic. Now add salt and freshly ground pepper, according to the taste.
Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to blend the flavors.
Finally serve as a dip or a condiment with Mexican style dishes. You can refrigerate it for up to 5 to 7 days.
Points to be noted
- Hot or mild Chile peppers should be used in salsa. Jalapeno peppers, serrano, Anaheim, and New Mexican taste good in salsa.
- If you want to have a spicy salsa, keep a few pepper seeds in the mixture. But, if you want a milder …read more
Read more here:: Salsa Recipe Made Easy: All the Steps and Ingredients